Business Organization and Disposition
- Negotiated partnership agreement for a professional engineering firm.
- Represented majority partners in buy-out of minority-partners in two professional service firms.
- Formed a non-profit corporation, and advised the corporation on application to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service for tax-exempt status.
- Advised a food wholesaler on negotiation of a joint venture with an Asian company for import, processing and distribution of food products throughout the United States.
- Advised a freight forwarding company on formation of a joint venture with a Central American company for projects in that region.
- Represented seller in sale of a wine and beer retail business.
- Advised and represented a physician on acquisition of another physician’s practice.
- Advised a hotel company on acquisition of hotel management company.
- Advised and represented New York-based owner of a large, nationwide portfolio of hotels on restructuring of hotel management agreements with several independent management companies.
- Represented a hotel investor in purchase of a full-service hotel in Toledo, Ohio.
- Represented a hotel investor in purchase of a select service hotel in Peoria, Illinois.
- Advised the owner on negotiation of a management agreement for a waterpark resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin.
- Advised and represented a property owner in New Orleans on negotiation of a franchise agreement for a new hotel.
- Represented investors in negotiations of a franchise agreement, a management agreement and other transactions for redevelopment of an historic property in Minnesota as boutique full-service hotel.
- Have negotiated several subordination agreements—including subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements (SNDAs)—on behalf of hotel management companies incident to sales and re-financings of hotels.
- Have represented hotel owners in negotiation of franchise agreements and amendments to franchise agreements, as well as workout and voluntary termination agreements with franchisors.
- Have represented owners and managers of multiple hotels in negotiation of franchise agreements with Starbucks Corporation and at least three of its competitors for independent-operated, branded coffee shops in various locations in the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Represented a hotel owner in negotiation of an agreement for management of a full-service hotel in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
- Represented management companies of luxury hotels in Bangkok, Thailand on negotiation of license and consulting agreements with celebrity chefs for two independent-branded restaurants.
- Represented management company of luxury resort in Maui, Hawaii on negotiation of a license and consulting agreement with a celebrity chef for an independent-branded restaurant.
- Advised and represented a private club located in an historic building in Chicago, Illinois on negotiation of a permit from the City of Chicago for renovation of the building under an exemption from the city’s disability accessibility code for historic structures.
- Negotiated amendment to long-term ground lease on behalf of a Maryland-based hotel owner.
- Negotiated lease of multi-unit residential property to house employees of a resort in Key West, Florida.
- Negotiated license agreement between a resort and an alcohol beverage distribution company for the resort to operate a restaurant under a major whiskey brand.
- Have negotiated several agreements between resorts and neighboring residential and timeshare developments for residents and guests of the developments to have access to the resorts’ recreational facilities.
- Developed gift card program for a Montana-based international campground franchisor.
- Advised a New York-based food wholesaler on negotiation of an agreements with a hotel and restaurant brand companies to be an approved supplier of goods to the brand companies’ franchisees.
- Represented large international hotel brand company in negotiation of commercial co-venture (co-marketing) agreements with charitable organizations.
- Have advised hospitality companies on negotiation of co-marketing agreements with other companies.
- Negotiated co-marketing agreement between major hospitality brand company and major record label.
- Negotiated agreement for major hotel corporation to sponsor events related to opening of new museum.
- Have negotiated contracts between hotel companies and the NFL, FIFA and Olympic Organizing Committees for citywide use of hotel facilities during high-profile sports events.
- Negotiated agreement between a brand company and one of its franchisees to share marketing resources.
- Represented large international hotel brand company in negotiation of nationwide and worldwide agreements with multiple corporate customers for group events and business transient travel.
- Negotiated license agreement for a university to use a wing of a hotel as a dormitory. Negotiated similar license agreement for a boarding high school to use a wing of another hotel as a dormitory.
- Negotiated agreement for a hotel to retrofit and license a wing for use by a medical clinic as a residential facility.
- Have negotiated numerous agreements between hotel management companies and concessionaires, service providers and suppliers.
- Negotiated Tournament Facilities Agreement between a Florida golf resort and the PGA Tour.
- Negotiated Production Agreements with Broadway-based theatre company and a cirque-style circus company, for performances at a major music venue in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Negotiated contracts for production of a Holiday-themed walk-through ice sculpture displays at a chain of resorts.